FourGee™-3100 LTE Baseband Module to Perform Streaming Video Demonstration on FPGA Platform
Tokyo, Japan, July 22, 2009 – Altair Semiconductor, a 4G chip company developing the world’s most advanced mobile semiconductors for handheld devices, will be conducting a demonstration of it’s FourGee™-3100 LTE baseband chip at the Wireless Japan conference in Tokyo, Japan on July 22, 2009. The demonstration will feature a video streaming application over an LTE link, and include the actual chip logic and protocol stack implemented on an FPGA platform.
“This demonstration is a significant milestone in the development of Altair’s LTE portfolio, which includes both LTE baseband chips and LTE RF Transceivers,” said Eran Eshed, Co-Founder and VP of Marketing and Business Development of Altair Semiconductor. “The progress of Altair’s LTE solution remains right on schedule, based on the LTE roadmap we laid out in May 2009. In this demo, we are exercising almost all of the logic and protocol stack elements of our LTE solution, and the fact that we can demonstrate this level of maturity today is a strong confidence builder with our customers.”
The FourGee™-3100, which will be available in Q409, is a fully optimized LTE CAT-3 baseband processor that will operate with devices from mobile handsets, data cards and USB dongles to various handheld consumer electronics devices. The chip is bundled with a complete LTE L1 and protocol stack.
Altair’s LTE chipsets are architected using the company’s proprietary and market-proven O2P™software-defined 4G processor, which offers extremely high performance at unmatched power consumption levels. The FourGee™-3100 will join Altair’s existing products, the FourGee™-2150 for mobile WiMAX, and the FourGee™-4150 for XGP, both recognized as leaders in their respective markets for high performance and power efficiency.
Altair’s FourGee™-3100 Feature Highlights Include:
* Suitable for integration in devices such as mobile handsets, data cards/dongles, consumer electronic devices and other embedded devices
* Support of LTE category 3 (CAT-3) throughputs (100Mbps/50Mbps DL/UL respectively)
* Two 20MHz MIMO receive chains and one transmit chain
* Ultra-low power consumption in operational and standby modes
* High-speed, programmable interface to industry standard HSPA/EVDO baseband and applications processors, enabling a true multi-mode LTE+3G solution
* Based on Altair’s proprietary, cutting edge signal processing engine, O2P™
* Seamless interfaces with Altair’s multi-band LTE RFIC lineup
* Small 8x8mm BGA package
* Complemented with a robust, comprehensive and interoperated L1 and protocol stack which includes PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layers
* Supports other 4G/OFDM technology variants, including WiMAX and XGP
The FourGee™-3100 is part of Altair’s comprehensive portfolio for LTE, which also includes:
* FourGee™-6150 – a MIMO RF transceiver that supports LTE-TDD
* FourGee™-6200 – a multi-band LTE-FDD MIMO transceiver that supports the most popular LTE bands in North America, Japan and Europe.
* FourGee™ LTE USB ExpressCard UE (User Equipment) - intended for Altair customers and partners for the purposes of testing, IOT and field trials, available to order in Q409
The Wireless Japan Conference will take place in Tokyo, Japan, at Tokyo Big Site East Hall 4 and 5, from July 22-24, 2009. Altair’s demonstration will be happening in Booth B-091. For more information on the Wireless Japan Conference, please visit http://www.expocomm.com/wirelessjapan/.
For more information on Altair please visit http://www.altair-semi.com.